Wednesday, April 06, 2022

A Cunning Strategy

I have a habit of humming songs. One day, I went to a shop and I asked the shopkeeper to show me some stuff. While he was showing those things, I start humming a song. The shopkeeper looked at me with an overenthusiastic smile and gave a compliment on my singing skills. I said thanks and silently started enjoying the pleasant sensations which enveloped my body and mind after hearing this compliment.

That day, when I went home, I recorded my singing voice on my computer. Then I played the recording. I was shocked to hear my voice. It was not bad. It was horrible. I felt pity for those who had to hear my singing voice and suffer silently.
But a few minutes later, I felt respect for the shopkeeper. He had unknowingly taught me something valuable that day. He had taught me that you can stop somebody from doing something horrible by giving him a false compliment with a big smile.

No comments: